- +31 (0) 6 5020 7439
- Amsteldijk 706
- 1074 JH Amsterdam
- firstname.lastname@example.org / Guus van Maarchalkerweerd
Geke Lensink Geke Lensink 1963, lives and works in Amsterdam
After studying at the ArtEZ Institute of the Arts, Geke Lensink has been working independently designing exhibitions, stands and interiors and executing assignments for various clients.
In 2008 Geke began designing and developing furniture and tableware.
Geke has designed and developed various products for the labels Brothers and Sons, GL editions, Prodinter and Heinen Delft Blue.
- 'It is incredibly interesting, using today's
knowledge, to start at the beginning again rather than
continuing to evolve.'
Driven by the thought that our world is getting too complex, designer Geke Lensink began a collection of products based on her own interpretation of the subject. She began to search for the archetypical worth of a product and to develop starting from the source.
‘My first thought was back to basic, but I have outgrown that naivety. I studied to become a designer and I live in a global world. What I can do, with all of my knowledge, is to study a product again. To me, this is not a step back but a step forward.’
The production process and methods have an enormous influence, determining the quality of the design and the value of the product. By simplifying the production process, Geke Lensink has restored originality to her designs.
‘Developing a good product is a constant search for the right
choices and the right combination of design, detailing, materials,
production and pricing, but the fun is in the optimization
of the material.
The tactility of a product challenges us to
touch or to be touched.’
- SALONE DEL MOBILE, Brothers and Sons, Via Savona Milan 2017
- CLERKENWELL DESIGN WEEK, London 2016
- DESIGN DISTRICT, Amsterdam 2016
- THE LONDON DESIGN FESTIVAL, London 2015
- eQ+, Forbo, Geke Lensink and Jesse Visser at Brera, Milan 2015
- LOW MOTION @ Kazerne, Dutch Design Week 2014
- LOW MOTION Corso Como 9 Milan 2014.
DUTCH DESIGN DESK EUROPE Cologne 2014.
- NEW DUTCH DESIGN Via Tortona Milan, eQ+, Jesse Visser, DUM,
New Duivendrecht, Frederick Roye 2013.
TUSSEN KUNST EN DESIGN Loods 6 Amsterdam 2013.
DUTCH MATERIALISM Workshop of Wonders Utrecht with Jesse Visser and DUM 2013.
- BASED IN AMSTERDAM Dutch Design Week, 2012.
- Blickfang Basel 2011.
Blickfang Stuttgart 2011.
- VENTURA LAMBRATE Milan with Jesse Visser 2010.
ARTIFACTS Vivid Gallery Rotterdam 2010.
- Dutch Design Week Eindhoven 2010.
Inside Design Amsterdam 2010.
- BLACK WHITE at Dutch Design Hotel Artemis Amsterdam 2010.
HELDER DESIGN Art Hall 52 Den Helder 2010.
- DESIGN BAZAAR Designhuis Eindhoven 2009.
BEYOND RUDOLPH .... WISE departmentstore Amsterdam 2009.
- Dutch Design Week Eindhoven 2009.
FORWARD TO BASIC Inside Design Amsterdam 2009.
- De Woonbeurs Amsterdam 2008.
- Design of 180 Amsterdammers, OBA (public library) Amsterdam.
- Organization of TKA 2013 (Te Koop Aangeboden) a sales platform for designers in Amsterdam.
Design of the exhibition Black & White in the Museum of the Tropics Amsterdam,
in collaboration with and commissioned by Burobraak 2013.
- Organization of TKA 2012 (Te Koop Aangeboden) a sales platform for designers in Amsterdam.
Exhibit design for Amsterdam Metropolitan Area at the Expo Real in Munich 2011.
- Organization of TKA 2011 (Te Koop Aangeboden) a sales platform for designers in Amsterdam.
Exhibit design for Verosol at the trade show R&T Stuttgart 2010.
- Interior design for the office of Stichting Kunstwerk Loods 6 Amsterdam 2009.
Trade Mart Utrecht, design for several restaurants and overall presentation 2009.
- Interior for the FOTOfactory in Westerhuis Amsterdam 2008.
Various temporary exhibitions for the FOTOfactory 2008.
Exhibition and interior design visiting centre Fort Wierickerschans the Forestry Commision Bodegraven 2007.
- Various exhibitions for atelier HSL, including exhibitions in NAI, Rotterdam 2007.
Exhibitions for ministry of Transport, part of the International Architecture Biennale Rotterdam 2007.
- Initiator and member of D agency 2016
- Initiator Low Motion, Milan 2014.
- Art Director for eQ+ together with Jesse Visser 2013.
- Initiator Based in Amsterdam, DDW 2012.
- Shortlisted with the Next Life Chair for The Green Design Competition 2012.
- Introduction new products eQ+ at Design District (100% Design) Rotterdam 2012.
Jury member of the Design Report Award at Salone Satellite Milan 2012.
- Sold the licencies of 11 products to eQ+ 2011.
- ©gekelensink 2014
- site: frederick calmes
- design: burobraak